With 8 Comets seemingly all stuck at Island mark during the second race yesterday, DO Richard posed an interesting question: “What do you call a ‘heap’ of Comets?”
UPDATE: And the best suggestions were (in no particular order)…
- A “shame” of Comets (as in “oh, what a shame, all the Comets are stuck at Island” … from one of our more sarcastic non-Comet sailors 😉 )
- A “bang” of Comets (because other than the banging into each other, there’s not a lot going on)
- A “planet” of Comets (going back to the big bang for all you science fans)
- A “coggle” of Comets (in a nod to the “gaggle” of geese looking at them at the lake); and finally
- A “constellation” of Comets (keeping nicely in context, while acknowledging the complete lack of movement)
We also had some more literal suggestion of a “shower”, “blast” or “collission” of Comets, but thought they implied that they’re actually moving!
If you want to check out any of the other suggestions, head on over to our Facebook page or Twitter feed using the icons at the top of the page.
Thanks to everyone who submitted a suggestion!